Sunday, October 19, 2014

Thing 15: Skype and Things like Skype


How might Skype be used in the classroom?


This is the first time using Skype for educational purposes. My previous experience with Skype was only for  international communication.

Connecting my classroom with the world through Skype, helps my students to be globally mind learners because they can talk, share, and interact with other cultures and different languages around the world. 

My previous experience using Skype in the classroom was null, but now my vision of global education changed my perspective.  This is a powerful tool for developing oral and written language. This is a friendly tool for teaching foreign languages.

1. Example of students from Austin communicating with students in Africa.



2. Skype in the classroom. A page was created for looking other Spanish teachers around that they are interested in exchanging virtual postcards with my students.  (click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment